Stay Near The Alamo At Menger
The Menger Hotel’s location, next to the Alamo and adjacent to Rivercenter Mall, puts guests in the heart of everything San Antonio has to offer. It’s a short and pleasant one-block walk to the famous River Walk, where you’ll find dozens of restaurants and museums, including the Witte Museum and the Institute of Texas Cultures. Just one block farther, you’ll find the Convention Center, Hemisfair Park, and the Tower of the Americas.
ROMANCE IN THE CITY OF YELLOW ROSES
Surprise your special someone with a romantic trip to Downtown San Antonio!
During the month of February San Antonio transforms into the City of Yellow Roses, where romance blooms in the form of yellow roses! Lovers take a beautiful scenic stroll along the Riverwalk, explore art galleries and museums, and enjoy a perfect evening of romance.
Here's your guide to a perfect romantic rendezvous, CITY OF YELLOW ROSES.
We have romance packages for any budget, click to LEARN MORE
SAN ANTONIO STOCK SHOW & RODEO
Hang your hat and stay awhile...The Rodeo is in town Feb.6-23 and we have savings perfect for you Rodeo fans! The Crockett Hotel is a perfect location downtown and only a few minutes driving distance from Rodeo grounds.
Located at the AT&T Center, our San Antonio Rodeo is complete with shopping, carnival, livestock centers and the best Rodeo entertainment. View the SA Rodeo website for more details on tickets and schedule of events.
Come for the Rodeo and stay the night at the Menger Hotel, BOOK NOW
SPOOKY SAN ANTONIO ADVENTURES
Book a room at the Menger and plan your haunted adventures! Here are a few attractions near our hotel:
- Sister's Grimm Ghost Tours - Meet at the Alamo
- Fantom Fest - at the Menger Hotel Oct.4-5. Book your room today!
- Terror on the Plaza - Across from the Alamo @ Ripley's
- 13th Floor Haunted House - Less than a mile from the Menger
- Sea World Howl-O-Scream - Approximately a 27 minute drive from the Menger
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas Fright Fest - Approximately a 25 minute drive from the Menger
LOCAL EVENTS & FESTIVALS
Seaworld San Antonio - Opens February for 2014 Season
SeaWorld San Antonio’s combination of unique animal attractions, entertaining shows that combine artistry, emotion and marine animals into amazing performances, the thrill of its state-of-the-art coasters and educational experiences for all ages make this park an exciting place to be! Admission. Get Details
San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo - Feb 6-23
Features great entertainment with star-studded country, rock 'n' roll and Latin artists during all 20 PRCA rodeo performances. This spectacular of fun also includes shopping, a carnival and livestock centers. AT&T Center. Admission. Get Details
Six Flags Fiesta Texas - Opens March for 2014 Season
Let the fun begin. Check out themed rides, thrilling roller coasters, attractions and shows for every age, including opportunities to meet the Looney Tunes characters throughout the visually stunning 200-acre park. Admission Get Details.
Fiesta Noche del Rio - May thru August
A San Antonio tradition, this performance features songs and dances of Mexico, Spain, Argentina and Texas and occurs Friday and Saturday evenings at the River Walk’s historic Arneson River Theatre.
Splashtown - Season Opens April 27
Splashtown San Antonio is 20 landscaped acres of cool, clean water excitement just three minutes North of downtown on IH-35 at the Splashtown exit.
Schlitterbahn Water Park Resort - Season Opens April 28
The original Schlitterbahn, in New Braunfels, just 20 minutes north of San Antonio, wins recognition, year after year, as the world's top waterpark. With over 65 acres of tube rides, water slides and uphill water coasters there is plenty of fun for the whole family.
Click here to view more local events
Remember The Alamo with the special events!
March 8, 2014 - Crockett Fiddlers Festival
The Alamo presents the Crockett Fiddlers Festival from 10:00AM to 4:00PM. This is a FREE, family-friendly event on the grounds of the Alamo. Enjoy live music and learn about the fiddle music David Crockett used to play.
March 8-9, 2014 - Alamo Reenactment "Fall of The Alamo"
Join the Texas Army and the San Antonio Living History Association as interpreters portray the events leading up to the famous 1836 Battle of the Alamo. Event located at The Alamo from 10:00AM to 5:00PM.
LEARN MORE about The Alamo.
- Riverwalk and River cruises – nearest entrance and ticket booth River Level of Rivercenter Mall
- The Alamo – next door
- San Antonio Children’s Museum – less than a mile, Red Trolley Route
- San Antonio Museum of Art – 1.2 miles, River Taxi
- Witte Museum – 4.5 miles
- Market Square (El Mercado) – less than a mile, Red, Yellow or Purple Trolley Route
- Museo Alameda (Market Square) – less than a mile
- La Villita – less than one mile, Red, Blue or Purple Trolley Route
- Tower of the Americas – less than a mile, Red, Yellow or Purple Trolley Route
- Buckhorn Museum – less than a mile, Red Trolley Route
- Lila Cockrell Theatre – less than a mile, Yellow or Purple Trolley Route
- Magik Children’s Theatre – less than one mile, Red, Blue or Purple Trolley Route
- Majestic Theatre – less than a mile, Red Trolley Route
- San Antonio Botanical Garden – three miles
- San Antonio Zoo – four miles
- San Antonio Missions – various locations, tours offered by Alamo Visitor Center
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas – 18 miles
- Sea World San Antonio – 18 miles