Stay Near The Alamo At Menger
The Menger Hotel’s location, next to the Alamo and adjacent to Rivercenter Mall, puts guests in the heart of everything San Antonio has to offer. It’s a short and pleasant one-block walk to the famous River Walk, where you’ll find dozens of restaurants and museums, including the Witte Museum and the Institute of Texas Cultures. Just one block farther, you’ll find the Convention Center, Hemisfair Park, and the Tower of the Americas.
san antonio zoo
Enjoy a family vacation full of Wild Adventure at the San Antonio Zoo and Menger Hotel!
The San Antonio Zoo is over 100 years young and open all year 'round. Tickets available at Front Desk or available for purchase online.
Plan your trip today, click for more details.
SPOOKY SAN ANTONIO ADVENTURES
Book a room at the Menger and plan your haunted adventures! Here are a few attractions near our hotel:
- Sister's Grimm Ghost Tours - Meet at the Alamo
- Terror on the Plaza - Across from the Alamo @ Ripley's
- 13th Floor Haunted House - Less than a mile from the Menger
- Sea World Howl-O-Scream - Approximately a 27 minute drive from the Menger
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas Fright Fest - Approximately a 25 minute drive from the Menger
local events & festivals
San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo - Feb 12-March 1
Features great entertainment with star-studded country, rock 'n' roll and Latin artists during all 20 PRCA rodeo performances. This spectacular of fun also includes shopping, a carnival and livestock centers. AT&T Center. Admission. More Details
Fiesta San Antonio - April 16-26
More than 100 unique events to entertain the entire family. Enjoy one of the largest festivals in the US, offering more than half of the events for FREE. More details
Seaworld San Antonio - Opens January 31 For 2015 Season
SeaWorld San Antonio’s combination of unique animal attractions, entertaining shows that combine artistry, emotion and marine animals into amazing performances, the thrill of its state-of-the-art coasters and educational experiences for all ages make this park an exciting place to be! Admission. Get Details
Six Flags Fiesta Texas - Opens Feb 28 For 2015 Season
Let the fun begin. Check out themed rides, thrilling roller coasters, attractions and shows for every age, including opportunities to meet the Looney Tunes characters throughout the visually stunning 200-acre park. Admission Get Details.
Splashtown - Season Opens May 2
Splashtown San Antonio is 20 landscaped acres of cool, clean water excitement just three minutes North of downtown on IH-35 at the Splashtown exit.
Schlitterbahn Water Park Resort - Season Opens March 8
The original Schlitterbahn, in New Braunfels, just 20 minutes north of San Antonio, wins recognition, year after year, as the world's top waterpark. With over 65 acres of tube rides, water slides and uphill water coasters there is plenty of fun for the whole family.
Click Here To View More Local Events
Remember The Alamo with the special events!
March 6-8, 2015 - Alamo Reenactment "Fall of The Alamo"
Join the Texas Army and the San Antonio Living History Association as interpreters portray the events leading up to the famous 1836 Battle of the Alamo. Event located at The Alamo from 10:00AM to 5:00PM.
LEARN MORE about The Alamo.
- Riverwalk and River cruises – nearest entrance and ticket booth River Level of Rivercenter Mall
- The Alamo – next door
- San Antonio Children’s Museum – less than a mile, Red Trolley Route
- San Antonio Museum of Art – 1.2 miles, River Taxi
- Witte Museum – 4.5 miles
- Market Square (El Mercado) – less than a mile, Red, Yellow or Purple Trolley Route
- Museo Alameda (Market Square) – less than a mile
- La Villita – less than one mile, Red, Blue or Purple Trolley Route
- Tower of the Americas – less than a mile, Red, Yellow or Purple Trolley Route
- Buckhorn Museum – less than a mile, Red Trolley Route
- Lila Cockrell Theatre – less than a mile, Yellow or Purple Trolley Route
- Magik Children’s Theatre – less than one mile, Red, Blue or Purple Trolley Route
- Majestic Theatre – less than a mile, Red Trolley Route
- San Antonio Botanical Garden – three miles
- San Antonio Zoo – four miles
- San Antonio Missions – various locations, tours offered by Alamo Visitor Center
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas – 18 miles
- Sea World San Antonio – 18 miles